I had some requests for the recipes of the Greek food I shared in a previous post. So here they are!
1. Create the sandwiches. Cut the keyser rolls in half so you can begin to create your sandwiches. Lightly coat the top of the bun with some mayonnaise and a dab of mustard. Next layer the pastrami in folds until you have about 2-4 ounces of meat on each bun. Next add several pieces of deli cheese on top of the layered pastrami.
2. Wrap sandwiches for baking. Now you want to tear a 1-by-1 foot section of foil wrap. Place the sandwich in the middle and wrap the foil around it.
3. Bake sandwiches in the oven. This is the easiest and the longest part. Place the sandwiches in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. Set the timer so you do not accidentally overcook or burn the sandwiches.
4. Remove sandwiches from the oven. Once the sandwiches are finished baking remove them from the oven using pot holders and place them on the counter to cool.
5. Add sauerkraut and serve. Allow the bake pastrami sandwiches at least five minutes to cool. Then remove the foil wrap, garnish with sauerkraut and enjoy!