Monday, May 11, 2009

Bel Loc vs. Diner


WOW! The Bel Loc Diner in Towson on York and Joppa Road used to be the diner of the town. Then the Towson Diner moved in and everyone in Towson realized what they were actually missing.

The last time I was at Bel Loc my food came out cold and my friend and I were the only people in there, except for the one random lonely person you find in every diner.

Once the Towson Diner became the hot-spot for students during the after-hours, Bel Loc's true colors were revealed. The fact that it looks like it's going to fall apart did not help business.

It's not just me people!

Pleiades wrote in Chowdown: "Anyone notice the Bel-Loc diner was the featured venue for wierdness in Tuesday's Zippy? Never eaten there, so I got to wondering if anyone else has. As usual, the wacky antics of the patrons drove me to not laugh at all."

And here are some of the responses:

Peckish
"The Bel-Loc's okay if you don't mind pretty grim waitresses and prefab food. The reason to go is the time-capsule look--which I admit is probably worth it, but only every once in awhile. For my money, any diner with bad pie isn't really a diner at all. But it's kind of an expirience."

DD
"I went there after someone told me it was a Baltimore landmark and I was sorely disappointed. I took one bite of my food and left the rest.

If you are out checking out Baltimore landmarks, drive by, maybe even go inside. But don't bother ordering."

No comments:

Post a Comment