Monday, February 16, 2009

Delivery Men Are the Best!

I LOVE delivery men, is it just me?!?! They're so happy! They're always in a rush and so helpful too. I try to keep them with me as long as possible to talk because they always have interesting things to say. I briefly spoke with one of my delivery men (who would like to remain anonymous). He had a split second to spare on his way out for a few questions.

-He was a few minutes later than expected so I asked him what was going on.
"We are so busy, this is my third delivery on this trip then I have to go back for more."

-Have you personally seen any change in business because of the economy?
"Honestly no, we're really busy everyday just like we've always been, it seems like business has been up this week."

-What do you love the most about your job?
"Meeting so many different people like you [me] and seeing people on the regular."

-What type of customers do you deliver to the most?
"Students, they don't stop eating. I do a lot like this one to businesses too. "

-What is the busiest time of day for you?
"Always lunch and we get really busy late at night."



Given my delivery man's shop is not number one in Towson, it says a lot that they are still swamped everyday (refer to my "Delivery Jobs- Untouchable" post). They make about $14,000 a year, but that is not including their tips! Sitting in Pizza Hut, being the eavesdropper that I am, I overheard a conversation in which a woman needed a job "reeeaaaly badly." The first thing the waitress said was they are hiring drivers. The woman refused the position because "her arms couldn't handle driving." Whatever that means, it's beside the point. People are still hungry and lazy, meaning food deliverers are needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment